Friday 16 May 2014

Banksy

Banksy



"Banksy is a pseudonymous United Kingdom-based graffiti artist, political activist, film director, and painter. His satirical street art and subversive epigrams combine dark humour with graffiti executed in a distinctive stencilling technique"

Banksy I like mentioned in my previous study about graffiti art, is a political graffiti artist who spray paints and stencils his emotions towards certain political issues that are going across the world. this one is similar to what I was trying to show in my drawing project. He has chosen certain slogans to represent his image which is what I started to look into to go with the images and emotions I was trying to express through just an image or drawing. 

My image that I have made

this image is what I have made using Photoshop. I took the images in Liverpool of a homeless guy with his dog. Like Bankys work my work is to show emotions behind my images that have a narrative behind them to.

these are some of his graffiti art that have a dark humour narrative behind them








banksy crayon

Some interpret this 2006 work as a critique of the British government. It was painted over after two months.

this link below goes to the page i got these images of Banksys work

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-banksy-works-2013-10?op=1


No comments:

Post a Comment