Thursday 15 May 2014

self directed

I have experimented with different back grounds to see what looks good against different colours. All though these are going down a more illustrative theme, they were just some experiments.

these again are just some quick layouts on different colour back grounds to see what it looks best on instead of just a plain white back ground that was mentioned at the group crit to play around with background colours.




these 3 images are Photoshop manipulations i have created using my previous photo realistic painting of the Xbox controller I did. to get these colours I used layer effects in Photoshop and used different compositions of different areas and then I composition them together to make different compositions. I was experimenting with making my paintings less symbolic and trying to make it abstract. Im not to fond of the colour themes that were generated during this process as i feel there to bold and don't really represent the item its self.

I was going to paint from these with physical paint to see what effects it created but I have recently moved on to a new approach to trickery theme using my photographs i have taken.

I have moved on to manipulating my paintings in Photoshop which you can see below.




















this idea was based on some thing called glitch art that I have seen on the internet that I have a go at creating my self on Photoshop by cutting up by paintings and placing the slices together and inverting them in different direction and horizontally and vertically flipping them to get this effect.


























this images is using the same technique as above in photoshop. apart from the glitch art style i wanted to see what was my colour themes and colours that i have used. by doing this effect it takes a way some symbolism and you just manly see the colour palette used and textures that i have created. It also abstracts the image and takes away what you think your looking at and you try to make sense of what your actually seeing.

image below examples of some glitch art





glitch-not-laveau-1

glitch-charles-strebor-1

glitch-david-szauder-1

glitch-adam-white-1

glitch-estera-lazowska-1


i got these photos from this link below

http://scifimethods.com/articles/a-roundup-of-cool-glitch-art-from-around-the-web/1127/








No comments:

Post a Comment