Thursday 15 May 2014

self directed

self direct assessment work

this is what I presented for the assessment which was some large snap fish photographs of my images

















                                                                    10" by 15"
                                  digital image
                                       


















                                                                         10" by 15"
                                        digital image



















                                                           20" by 30" in size
                                        digital image




















                                                           20" by 30" 
                                             digital print





















                                                  small A3 sized prints




















                                                 small A3 sized prints





















                                  a mixture of A4 and A3 sized prints





















                                               A3 sized prints























Statement
­

My project was originally based on photo realism and used items and objects I had a personal connection to. The objects that I used in my paintings were very time consuming to produce as I try to transform everyday objects into an interesting image. The digital form in my work has been very influential as I try to capture the realism and texture that I feel from the image. Interaction with the objects allowed me to capture the 3 dimensional aspects and depth so I can try to paint it as accurately as possible to the correct scale and proportion. When producing these images I used adobe Sketchbook pro 6 and just drawn straight from the object in front of me. I have experimented with different colour pallets that I found occurring through some of my images and then layered them up and sliced them in Photoshop to see what the main colours are and to take away its true form and give it a new identity. An artist that first influenced my work was Pedro Campos as I was captivated by the way he transforms and every day scene of something like a bowl of fruit or coke a cola cans and paints them on canvas using oil paints. His paintings are so life like it’s hard to believe there actually paintings. After doing digital painting I came across the artist Jane profit that was mentioned during a group crit. I particularly found her work very influential by the theme of creating something that’s not actually there and making it believable rather than the style of our works. I then went on to play around with my images in Photoshop and add different colours and textures. After this I then went down a different root, a more photographic root and went and revisited certain areas that are personal to me and retook photos that I took over the years and photo joined them together in Photoshop showing how landscapes have changed or not changed, even just as simple as a different weather. These places I took photos have a personal connection with me as there places I have been visiting for years or on a daily bases that I spend a lot of time in and just picking up how things change in the environment. The images that you see on the wall are my favorites that I personally think work the best and mean the most to me because of where they were taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment