Thursday 15 May 2014

contextual research

David Hockney 



thsi link below goes to a website with some of his photo montages

http://omgsandie.wordpress.com/graphicdesignprinciple/%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85sensing-the-city/%E2%98%86%E2%98%86%E2%98%86david-hockney-inspired-collages/

David Hockney's Photo montages are all pieced together using different perspectives. I myself have done a similar technique using my own photographs of places that mean a lot me or i spend a lot of time at. I wouldn't say my images are using the same effect style of a montage as my theme is camera trickery and joining photographs together rather than montage them together like he has done.



this image above by Hockney I feel is very illustrative and narrative. In my images I also zoomed in on areas that stood out to me and things I felt shouldn't be there like something as simple as litter on the floor like you can see Hockney has also payed the same attention to his environments like I have.



I would say that this idea of his has been influential over my photo joinery images i made. I like how he compositions his photos but i think some are a bit to illustrative and bright.

My image below



















this image above is what I have made by using my photographs to create a new composition completely to what the actual area looks like that i was photographing. David Hockney's approach seems like he doesn't want to trick the viewer and wants them to know what you are looking at is loads of different images and that's why hes not accurately tried to blend them in like I have done with mine. like you can see in his image above with the man smoking hes played around with the lighting in different areas which is what I have done in certain areas. I used different lighting conditions in mine like coming back at different times in the day and showing the shadow moving during the different times of day.



No comments:

Post a Comment